08 Sep The Not Alone Project
The Not Alone Project
Dalton Hale is a 16 year old student at Boyd County High School and the founder of the Not Alone Project.
The Not Alone Project launched on September 1st to coincide with the start of Suicide Prevention Month, and will continue to provide regular content in partnership with The Big Idea Camp throughout the upcoming school year.
This content will include testimonials, as well as tips for spotting the signs of anxiety and depression and information about how to seek additional help.
Dalton started this ministry after going through the tragic loss of his cousin due to suicide.
The phone number for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255.
Follow the Not Alone Project on Instagram @_not.alone.
The Big Idea Camp
The Big Idea Camp founder, Jeremy Holbrook, was moved by Dalton’s passion to help others and is teaming up with him to develop curriculum that can be used in schools.
The Big Idea Camp is a program that provides the Core Essential Values curriculum for Elementary and Middle Schools that can be utilized in many classes, counselor lessons, and activities.
They also host monthly interactive assemblies and share video content via their website and Facebook page to introduce and discuss the values they are focusing on each month. Learn more at TheBigIdeaCamp.com or follow them on Facebook.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Listen to our Community Matters Interview with Jeremy Holbrook and Dalton Hale:
For more information about The Not Alone Project and The Big Idea Camp, visit their websites at: https://www.thebigideacamp.com/notalone
The Big Idea Camp is currently partnered with the following school districts:
- Boyd County Public Schools (KY)
- Ashland Independent Schools (KY)
- Fairview Independent Schools (KY)
- Carter County Schools (KY)
- Greenup County Schools (KY)
- Johnson County Schools (KY)
- Anderson County Schools (KY)
- Kenton County Schools (KY)
- Boone County Schools (KY)
- Adair County Schools (KY)
- Larue County Schools (KY)
- Ironton City Schools (OH)
- Lawrence County Schools (OH)
- Cabell County Schools(WV)
- Wayne County Schools (WV)