20 May Bloomingdale Baptist Church
Bloomingdale Baptist Church was first organized in the spring of 1855. The church originally met at the corner of McComas Road and Martha Road. This was the location where the Dusenberry Mill was owned and operated by Sampson Sanders who died in 1849. The church later moved to a location on Martha Road. The church eventually relocated into a log structure, which was located on Rt.10 where Family Dollar currently sits. In July, 1961 the church moved into a new building that was constructed on the same property. In 1973, the U.S. Government purchased the property of the Salem Missionary Baptist Church, and on July 10 1976, Bloomingdale Baptist Church and Salem Baptist Church were consolidated, thus giving us our present name, the Bloomingdale-Salem Baptist Church. In 2015, Bloomingdale-Salem Baptist Church opened the doors of a new church facility that is located on the corner of St. Rt. 10 and Hickory Ridge Rd in Salt Rock, WV.