29 Jun Rose Hill Christian School
Rose Hill Christian School began in 1980 as a ministry of Rose Hill Baptist Church. Forty-nine students were enrolled the first year in K4 through seventh grade with four full-time teachers, a Bible teacher, and an administrator. In May of 1986, the school’s first graduating class generated much excitement.
An additional education building was completed with the cooperative efforts of school parents, church members, and several local businesses. In 1997 the high school building containing eight classrooms, four offices, a 1000-seat gymnasium, weight room and locker rooms was made possible through a generous one million dollar gift from Paul and Garnet Thompson.
The Thompson’s also established a foundation to award scholarships to students. Teachers may apply for grants that are offered through the Karen Fraile Foundation which was established in memory of a beloved teacher and parent. Through the years, several other individuals have established scholarships which are awarded annually in honor or memory of loved ones.
More than thirty years later, RHCS continues to provide a Christ-centered education to hundreds of students. The Lord has blessed the school with strong Christian teachers who provide instruction that prepares students both spiritually and academically. Board leadership, parent involvement and a strong sense of community are strengths of this school where students are encouraged and inspired to develop the abilities God has given them.